Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ryan's Five











On Monday, October 27, 2008 Ryan turned 5. I'm still in awe that I have such a handsome 5 year old boy. It seems like just yesterday we were anxiously awaiting his arrival.
Today I decided to go back in my journal and read about some of the moments we've had with Ryan. We found out we were expecting the week of March 6, 2003. My Mom, the cute woman she is, went out right after she found out and bought him three outfits. We found out that Ryan was a boy on May 27, 2003 and on June 8, 2003 decided that his name should be Ryan Laron Bright. We had also toyed with the idea that it should be Caden. Trevor felt the baby kick for the first time on the 22 of June. I remember the first time we heard Ryan's heart beat. I was so excited to go to the doctor for this appointment. In my mind I had decided that this wouldn't be so much fun for Trevor, since he worked in the medical field and had heard the beating of a heart before. When the doctor placed the machine to my stomach and the quiet rhythmic sound of the heart become noticeable Trevor's face lit up with excitement and joy. That's my baby. We can really hear his heart beat. I was so grateful that he to could feel the thrill of the moment. What a miracle it is that we are able to be instruments in producing life and helping the plan of salvation move forward. We blessed Ryan on the 7th of December surrounded by our family. He went to his first pumpkin patch on October 9, 2004. He gave me my first flower, dandy lion, on the 17th of February 2005. He blew bubbles for the first time in April 2005. He blew his first kiss in Sept. 2004. A few weeks ago he read his first book entitled Cat. He loves to help with his little brothers, ride his bike, going to primary, having family home evening, singing songs, having preschool, playing with his friends, building anything and learning. His favorite bed time song is Away in a Manager. He loves webcam and talking to his grandparents and other relatives on the phone. I am grateful for his strong spirit. He has taught me so much about being a better person and putting everything we have in what we do.




3 comments:

DeGooyer Family said...

He is a handsome boy!

Liz said...

That's so good of you to have written things down! Me? not so good! My favorite bedtime song was Away in a Manger too! You have cute kids!

Josh and Dallas said...

Happy birthday Ryan! Love the photos!