Saturday, April 16, 2011

She sucks her thumb

I vowed that I would never have a child that sucked their thumb.  I would have complete and total control over the situation and give them the binky and they would instantly be done with the thumb.  Well this little girl has once again taught me that each child comes with a very unique and wonderful personality and they choose at the very youngest of age about some things.  Every time I try to put the binky in it comes out or it is pulled out or swatted away and the thumb goes in the month.  She even puts her thumb in her mouth after every bite of cereal she has.  I continue to try and encourage the binky but what do you with a little girl who already has a mind of her own.  It is always the left thumb and occasionally she includes the right one on top of the left one.  If she weren't so cute I wouldn't know what to do.


2 comments:

Jennifer Andersen said...

Mary Jane and Rebecca both did the same thing to us! The biggest thing I've learned as a mother is that the children come with their own personalities, likes, dislikes, attitudes and there's not really a whole lot I can do to control them.

Josh and Dallas said...

I LOVE thumb suckers! My cute neice is and it is the most adorable thing! What a cute girl!