

On Thursday, Ryan, Caden and I had the opportunity to go to Truman State University and see a reptile exhibit. Ryan was fearless! He touched everything from a huge snake to a large turtle. He even held several small snakes. At one point in time the small yellow snake that he was holding crawled into the collar of his shirt and into his sleeve. His eyes grew big but he sat their until someone came and got the snake. Caden enjoyed looking at the reptiles but wasn't as interested in touching them. Every once in a while he'd stick out his little hand to touch it and when they brought it close enough he'd pull his hand back in quickly and hide his head in my shoulder. Then he'd look at them again with a big smile saying, "snake, snake". If you would have asked me a few years ago about touching reptiles or even being around them I would have told you absolutely not but now I enjoy the unknown. I guess that's what having boys does to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment